Japanese soba and parsley pesto
You know those days when you just want the quickest, easiest, heartiest and most delicious meal, but you don’t want to have to do much ..well, here’s your answer. fast, easy and healthy .
Soba Noodles are gluten and wheat free making them great for anyone who suffers from wheat intolerance or celiac disease they are made from buckwheat flour and are highly nutritious. (high protein, vitamins and minerals)
Japanese Soba with Pesto (Serves approx. 2 )
* 1 pack dried Soba Noodles
* 1 cup roughly chopped Italian Parsley (flat leaf parsley)
* 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, toasted
* Small clove of Garlic
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
* 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt .
Toasting the pine nuts .
heat a dry pan over medium heat, add pine nuts and toast until golden, shaking the pan frequently to help pine nuts toast evenly.
Cooking the soba
1. Heat a large pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles, stir as they soften, and bring water back up to a simmer (not a boil). Simmer for 6-7 minutes or according to package directions. Noodles should still have a slight firmness, and not be mushy.
2. Strain soba . *If serving warm, rinse under hot water,
3. if serving soba at room temperature, rinse under cold water.
For the Pesto
1. Combine parsley, toasted pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt , in a food processor
2. Toss noodles with the pesto sauce and serve.
3. Garnish with any greens of your preference I'm using fennel for a touch of freshness .