Raw Vegan Ferrero Rocher
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Extra hazelnuts (If you want the traditional hazelnut centre)
- 1 cup roasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
1. In a food processor add the hazelnuts and grind until obtaining a fine consistency , Combine with the vanilla extract, cacao powder, maple syrup, and almond milk .
2. Place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes until firm.
3. Roll the mixture into small balls. If you are using the whole hazelnuts to achieve the classic hazelnut centre , simply roll the mixtureinserting a whole hazelnut in the centre of each ball .
4. Roll each ball in a bowl of roasted chopped hazelnuts. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, Place in the fridge for at least an hour to harden.
5. When the truffles are firm, dip the truffles in melted chocolate one by one. Return the coated truffles to the baking tray,
Leave to set again in the fridge for 10-15 minutes .
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!