Lemongrass infused carrot and lentil cream
A delicious healthy recipe ,Vegan and Gluten free.
I’ve always been a fan of creamy soups,This recipe is great because it gets the health boost from the fresh turmeric and plenty of protein from the nuts and lentils . I love the creaminess that you can get from cashews ,without the need of using any commercial dairy cream .
I hope you willenjoy this nourishing soup as much as I do .
1 onion diced or 2-3 shallots
2 Tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup finely chopped lemon grass (packed)
½ cup ginger, chopped
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
2 large carrot
1 cup of red lentil
salt and pepper to taste
Roasted carrots , almonds ,cashew cream , poppy seeds ( or any other small seeds ) lemon oil .
Wash the lentils in cold water until water runs clear .
- In a heavy bottomed pot heat coconut oil over medium high heat the onion or shallots and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic, lemongrass, turn heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant and golden. Add spices and stir for 1-2 more minutes. Add the veggie stock .
- Bring to boil and add carrots ,Simmer uncovered until they are fork tender, 10-15 minutes , add lentils and cook for another 10 minutes until they are soft .
- Let cool a bit .
- Puree soup until very smooth. You can use the blender carefully blending in small batches if you don't have a submersion blender ,try to Get it as smooth as you can. Return to the stove and heat on med low heat .
- add cashew cream , salt and pepper to taste , you can add a drizzle of lemon juice here or ginger powder (optional ) for extra flavor .
- Garnish with roasted baby carrots , cashew cream , roasted almonds , blue poppy seeds( or black sesame seeds ) and Some green leaves ,cilantro parsley or any mico greens .